Typical ranch style home built post WWII
This property was once part of the larger farm at #166 Lowell Street. The property was purchased by Grace E. Merrick in 1913 from Addie M. Howarth. Grace sold off several house lots through the years of her ownership. She died in 1948 and the remaining estate was administered by her son Lathrop B. Merrill who acquired the farm house at #166 with his wife Barbara H. Merrick. This parcel lot was sold to Barbara M. Plumstead, a widow from Haverhill, MA on Nov. 27, 1951. The house was built shortly thereafter. Oscar L. & Grace W. Vaughn purchased the house in Sept. 1954 remaining for six years before selling to Alfred A. & Esther M. Kneath. in Dec. 1961. Alfred died on September 4, 1967 and his wife Esther later remarried to Lester H. Conkey and the property was in both names in 1970. Lester died in June 1975 and Esther died on March 16, 1987. Arlene H. Fleming was extrix. of Esther's estate and sold the property to Ernest E. & Sheila C. Fleming on March 25, 1988. Fleming remains for five years selling to Samuel B. & Nicole M. Jackson in Nov. 2003. The current owner in 2014 is John P. Klipfel who bought in Aug. 2010
Grace B. Merrill - Feb. 8, 1913 b. 327 p. 581
Grace B. Merrill estate Aug. 14, 1948
Lathrop B. Merrill Adm.
Frances E. Lawrence.
Lathrop B. & Barbara Merrill - Oct. 28, 1949 - 728 p. 461
Barbara M. Plumstead - Nov. 27, 1951 - b. 758 p. 52
Oscar L. & Grace W. Vaughn - Sept. 8, 1954 - b. 799 p. 73
Alfred A. & Esther M. Kneath - Dec. 19, 1961 - b. 950 p.323
Esther M. Kneath - Sept. 4, 1967
Esther M. Conkey
Esther M. & Lester H. Conkey - July 31, 1970 - b. 1157 p. 32
Esther M. Conkey - June 11, 1975
Esther M. Conkey estate died Mar. 16, 1987
Arlene H. Fleming Extrx.
Ernest E. & Sheila C. Fleming - Mar. 25, 1988 - b. 2698 p. 279
Samuel B. & Nicole M. Jackson - Nov. 19, 2003 b. 8431 p. 25
John P. Klipfel - Aug. 27, 2010 - b. 12162 p. 6
Northern Registry of Deeds - Lawrence, MA
See map #2452 - Lathrop Merrick Oct. 1951
Lathrop B. & Barbara Merrill - Dec. 7, 1948 - b. 718 p.258 homestead at #166 Lowell St.
|Place||West Parish - West Andover|
|Historic District||West Parish Center NRH District|
|Source||Andover Bldg. Survey|
|Map and parcel||89-10|
|Recorded by||James Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||02/28/2006, 1/2014|