See 56 Morton Street for idea of what original structure may have looked like
One of several homes possibly built by Pike Soap Company as employee housing. Factory located on same street farther up. Most likely all of these structures built at same time in the same style. Most have been heavily altered in some way. Good example of "factory housing" - shows growing Andover during beginning of Industrial Revolution.
Morton Street was once called Green St - Pike St. - Pike Lane before renamed Morton St. It was also known as "Ram Cat Alley" to locals.
Predecessor of many in-town developments to come.
This property was once owned by George H. French and sold to John Lynch on May 15, 1856. John later acquired a second adjoining parcel from John Stack on May 24, 1869. In July 1877 the deed was transferred through Mary Lynch to John's wife Jane Lynch. Jane held the property until her death at which time daughters Mary (Lynch) Galloway of Melrose and Lydia Lynch, wife of William, inherit the property. Mary quit claimed the deed to Lydia on Sept 9, 1900. Mary and William held for five years then sold to John S. Ronan on June 22, 1906.
John S. Ronan and the Ronan family heirs have been owners of the property since then, now 109 years in 2015.
Essex County Registry Deeds, Salem MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
George H. French - 1856
John Lynch - May 15, 1856 - b. 531 leaf 190 - Salem, MA
Mary Lynch - July 5, 1877 - b. 48 p. 478 (pg. in error)
Jane Lynch, husband John - Sept. 6, 1877 - b. 48 p. 87 - two lots - 120 sq. rods.
Jane Lynch - Jan. 24, 1893 - b. 123 p. 311
Jane Lynch estate, Lynch heirs.
Mary (Lynch) Galloway, heir quit claim
Lydia A. Lynch, wife of William E. Lynch - Sept. 9, 1900 - b. 197 p. 139
John S. Ronan - June 22, 1906 - b. 233 p. 397
John S. Ronan estate, heirs
John J. Ronan & Frank D. Ronan - heirs - June 15, 1956 - b. 884 p. 358 - quit claim
Esther Ronan - June 15, 1956 - b. 884 p. 358
John J. & Eleanor D. Ronan - Sept. 25, 1972 - b. 1203 p. 134
John J. Ronan estate, Eleanor D. Ronan heir - Nov. 5, 1996 - Probate
John S. Ronan & Elanor D. Ronan - Apr. 4, 1988 - b. 2705 p. 338
John S. & Mary Anne Ronan - Aug. 6, 1997 -b. 4813 p. 215
|Historic District||Not Applicable|
|Historic Name||Lynch - Ronan House|
|Construction Date||mid-late 1800's|
|Roof||asphalt - gable|
|Outbuildings / Secondary Structures||20th c barn/garage|
|Major Alterations||enclosed porch and new rear section|
|Map and parcel||40-76|
|Recorded by||Sean Croft, James Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Historical Society - Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||6/11/91, updated 4/15/2015|