This parcel was once part of the larger Amos Blanchard homestead property at 97 Main St. (now the home of the Andover Historical Society) The Blanchard lot extended along Main St. from Locke Street to 77 Main Street. The Edward Taylor family owned the Blanchard house and land from 1849 - 1893. Edward Taylor died on May 23, 1893 and Oliver B. Taylor, was appointed Executor of Taylor's estate June 12, 1893 - probate court. Oliver Taylor began selling off house lots north and south of the Taylor homestead.
The corner lot at Main & Locke Streets was sold to Dr. John A. Leitch on October 15, 1896. Leitch built his new home at 107 Main Street. This lot at #3 Locke Street was part of the Leitch parcel. The lot was divided off in October 1902 and sold to Judge Clover J. Stone who had the house built. Clover and wife May H. owned and lived here until 1955. Clover died on Dec. 3, 1953 and May sold two years later to Robert P. Domingue in Dec. 1955.
Domingue held the property for five years selling to John J. & Cecilia B. Lamb in October 1960. Lamb sold to Karl & Geneva Killorin in Nov. 1962. The Killorins were real estate brokers and developers and most likely converted the single family home into apartments during their ownership 1961-1996. Their son Eric Killorin was deeded the property in 1988 and he sold to Anthony McCain & Terri L. Hubbard, husband & wife. Beverly J. McCobb Investment Trust purchased in Aug. 1996 and sold in 2004 to Lesley Clifford Williams in June. Willliams held for five years selling to Nancy Early in April 2009.
See #107 Main St. for Dr. J. Leitch property
See #97 Main St. for Deacon Amos Blanchard property.
See Map #12622 Aug. 1945 John Hartigan
Essex County Registry Deeds - Salem, MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Rev. Amos Blanchard Jr. - 1849 -by Will
Edward Taylor - Mar. 5,1849 b. 408 lf. 192-194 Salem deeds
Edward Taylor Estate - died May 23, 1893
Oliver B. Taylor - Executor - June 12, 1893 - probate court
John A. Leitch - Oct. 15, 1896 - b. 150 p. 590
Clover J. Stone - Oct. 2, 1902 - b. 198 p. 69 portion of lot.
Clover J. Stone - Aug. 21, 1945 - b. 676 p. 19
Clover J. & May H. Stone - June 10, 1946 - b. 685 p. 115
May H. Stone - Dec. 1953 - Estate of Clover Stone
Robert P. Domingue - Dec. 7, 1955 - b. 825 p. 371
John J. & Cecilia B. Lamb - Oct. 7, 1960 - b. 924 p. 126
Karl C. & Geneva H. Killorin - Nov. 29, 1961 - b. 949 p. 193
Geneva H. Killorin - Aug. 12, 1982 - b. 1596 p. 259
Eric H. Killorin - May 20, 1988 - b. 2739 p. 141 parcel two
Anthony McCain & Terri L. Hubbard - Aug. 22, 1996 - b. 4577 p. 169
Beverly J. McCobb Investment Trust - Aug. 22, 1996 - b. 4577 p. 169
Lesley Clifford Williams - June 29, 2004 - b. 8898 p. 32
Nancy Earley - Apr. 1, 2009 - b. 11529 p. 21
|Historic District||Main/Locke Streets NRH District|
|Historic Name||Clover Stone House|
|Architectural Style||Queen Anne|
|Acreage||less than one acre|
|Map and parcel||55-122|
|Recorded by||James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||03/04/2006, 3/2014|