Basic box store - contemporary - modern utilitarian structure
This site once held the former gatekeepers house for the Boston & Maine Railroad. It was moved over from #2 Railroad St. on the corner of Essex St in 1963 to make way for widening the corner and entrance to Railroad Street. The house was moved again to 66 Burnham Road in 1972 when construction was to replace the house site with the convenience store.
Christy’s Market opened in 1973 and was bought out by Richdale's Convenience Store in 2006 which still operates at this location. With the creation of a new Boston & Maine passenger platform across the street, the market became the location to purchase train tickets.
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Main Street Evolution, Gail Rawlston 2014
See plan #6605 - 1972 Parcels "C" - "D 1" and "D 2"
George B. Westhaver Trust - Westhaver & Kydd Trustees
Micgudan Realty Trust, Michale S. Nocolosi, Trustee - May 12, 1972 - b. 1193 p. 70
John F. & A. Patricia McGarry - Oct. 3, 1977 - b. 1321 p. 2 and 3
|Historic District||Andover Village Industrial NRH District|
|Historic Name||Christy's Market - Richdale Food Store|
|Present Use||Store - market|
|Original Use||Store - market|
|Roof||asphalt - flat|
|Map and parcel||54-1A|
|Recorded by||Stack/Mofford, James Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||1975-77, updated 12/2014|