133 Elm Street

Historical Narrative: 

This parcel was once part of the Richardson Farm property that stretched across the Andover - North Andover line and comprised much of the land now occupied by Merrimack College. This lot was divided off by owner Lilla A. Burton and sold to Kareem W. & Katherine Hajjar on Oct. 14, 1949. Hajjar were the first owners of the contemporary style home built in 1950 - 1951. It takes its design from the International style, a popular design trend in the United States after WWII but introduced in Europe in the 1930s.

The home was designed by A. William Hajjar, brother of Kareem, Professor of Architecture at Penn State University. William designed several homes in the local area but this is the only one in Andover. The Hajjar family owned the property for fifty years before selling to Damian & Lisa D. Beltrandi on Aug. 13, 2001.

Jacques B. Vieuxloup & Isabelle H. Boulain are now the third owners since Sept. 2, 2011. They completed an second story addition to the home in 2015. The architect was Flavin of Boston and builders BlackHawk. The project was given a Preservation Award for Sympathetic Addition on May 24, 2016 by the Andover Preservation Commission.


Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Land Court map #18975 - i

Lilla A. Burton - 1944 - certificate #2935 b. 20. 141
Kareem W. & Katherine Hajjar - Oct. 14, 1949 - Ctf. #3539 b. 24 p. 157
Hajjar Realty Trust, Katherine Hajjar Trustee - Oct. 15, 1976 - Ctf. 7611 b. 51 p. 249
Damian & Lisa D. Beltrandi - Aug. 13, 2001 - Ctf. #13725
Jocques B. Vieuxloup & Isabelle H. Boulain - Sept. 2, 2011 - Ctf. #16565

Inventory Data:

StreetElm St
PlaceAndover Center District
Historic DistrictNot Applicable
Historic NameKareem W. & Katherine Hajjar
Present Useresidence
Original Useresidence
Construction Date1950 - 1951
SourceECRDS, ENRDL, style-njs
Architectural StyleOther
Roofasphalt - low gable
Acreage0.4798 acre
Map and parcel21-140
Recorded by1992, AHS, James S. Batchelder
OrganizationAndover Historical Society, Andover Preservation Commission
Date entered1990, 2/13/2016