Themes - Architectural and Community Development.
Richard Williamson purchased one acre of land on Shawsheen Road from Thomas O’Hara on March 19, 1878 for $70. The property had been part of the O’Hara farm located north of this lot on top of the hill off Lincoln St. On June 15, 1882 a new deed was issued to Williamson as it was discovered that Thomas O’Hara’s wife Caroline also owned rights to the property. She quit claimed her right to the property. In the Andover Advertiser June 16, 1882 pg. 3 – “Richard Williamson has bought the small house and barn of John H. Flint, which stood near his slaughter houses on Maple Ave. and is removing them to land east of West Church, recently purchased. In passing through Elm Square on Thursday with the barn on wheels, the telephone wire crossing the street was broken.” Richardson also took a mortgage of $100 from John H. Flint on the 21st most likely to finance the move of the buildings and siting costs. The mortgage was purchased by the Andover Savings Bank from Flint in 1890 and foreclosed in 1904. Joseph O’Hara then purchased the property for $1000. on June 4, 1904. It remained within the O’Hara family until 1925 when the property was sold to Mary C. Gibson, wife of George Gibson. Mary Gibson died on September 8, 1977 and her daughter Ruth inherited the house. Sadly Ruth died just six months later on Feb. 25, 1978. Her brother Albert Gibson became the administrator of the estate and the property was sold to Michael G. & Mary J. Bausemer on July 7, 1979.
Thomas O’Hara – 1878 land
Richard Williamson - April 5, 1878 b. 51 p. 252 land 1 acre
Thomas & Caroline O’Hara - Apr. 15, 1882 b. 68 p. 174 quit claim
Richard Williamson - Apr. 15, 1882 b. 68 p. 174
Andover Savings Bank - Oct. 19, 1890 b. 109 p. 13 mtg.
Andover Savings Bank - June 6, 1904 b. 212 p. 448 poss.
Joseph O’Hara - June 4, 1904 b. 212 p. 461
Robert W. & Dora O’Hara - June 24, 1914 b 343 p. 216
Mary O’Hara - Aug. 23, 1921 b. 445 p. 163
Dora O’Hara - Aug. 23, 1921 b. 489 p. 586
Mary C. Gibson - Aug. 5, 1925 b. 515 p. 51
Mary Gibson estate - Sept. 8, 1977 died
Ruth E. Gibson - Sept. 8, 1977 by will
Ruth E. Gibson estate - Feb. 25, 1979 died
Albert P. Gibson, Admin. - July 5, 1979 probate b 1383 p. 22
Michael G. & Mary Jane Bausemer – July 7, 1979
b. 1383 p. 24
Four M. Realty Trust – July 12, 2001 b. 6307 p. 213
Michael & Mary Bausemer, trustees
Northern Essex Registry of Deeds - Lawrence, MA
Andover Map 1888, 1906
|Place||West Parish - West Andover|
|Historic District||Not Applicable|
|Historic Name||Richard Williamson House|
|Construction Date||circa 1860|
|Source||Andover Bldg. Survey|
|Outbuildings / Secondary Structures||barn - now razed|
|Move Details||June 1882 from Maple Ave.|
|Map and parcel||89-28|
|Recorded by||James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|