Neo-Colonial 1960's style office building
This lot of land was once part of the Nathaniel Swift homestead property at 23 Central St on the corner of Brook St.. The lot had been vacant before the construction of the office building in 1965. It once served as a garden for the Swift family. After the Swift sisters Elizabeth and Kate died the property was sold by the estate to Erma L. Hill in 1952. Hill sold this lot to The Doherty Trust, William A., Joseph B. and James D. Doherty trustees in 1957. The lot was purchased in May 1965 by the Central Realty Trust, trustees; Roland H. Sherman, Edward S. Miller, James W. Skillings and Thomas Tavenner.
The business partners built the professional office building for their own use.
The deed came with restrictions; the building could be only two stories high, brick Colonial style architecture, set back equal to the house at 23 Central, only use for the building is for office space. No parking on the southwest side and rear. The building contains six office spaces used by Doctors, Dentists, and Attorneys.
In 1998 the Trust was changed and is now owned by the Fifteen Central Street Association, LLC,; Edward S. Miller, James W. Skillings, Calvin Perry and Angela M. Privitera. co-partners.
National Register of Historic Places
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Almena Swift - died Jan 20, 1895 b. 36 p. 205
Kate Adams Swift & Elizabeth Florence Swift - Jan. 20, 1895 - Heirs b. 532 p. 481 affidavit
Frances Rooks, Admix - Eliz. Florence Swift estate - Oct. 14, 1952 - b. 768 p. 311
Walter Thompson Trustee, Kate Adams estate - Oct. 14, 1952 - b. 768 p. 312
Erma Lara Hill, wife of William R. Hill - Oct. 14, 1952 - b. 768 pgs. 311 & 312
The Doherty Trust; William A., Joseph B. & James D. Doherty - Apr. 16, 1957 - b. 823 p. 455
Central Realty Trust - Sherman, Miller, Skillings & Tavenner - May 20, 1965 - b. 1033 p. 429
Fifteen Central Street Associates LLC - Miller, Skillings, Perry & Privitera - June 29, 1998 - b. 5098 p. 254
see also Edward F. Cregg estate - Oct. 7, 1996 - b. 4628 p. 242
Thomas J. Lamson - Mar. 7, 1997 - b. 4705 p. 226
|Historic District||Central Street NRH District|
|Historic Name||Central Realty Trust Building|
|Present Use||Professional offices|
|Original Use||Professional / Commercial|
|Wall/Trim||brick / wood|
|Acreage||less than one acre|
|Map and parcel||55-48|
|Recorded by||James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|