Cape style home with dormer windows, post WWII construction. Cedar shingle siding.
This property was once connected with the home at #166 Lowell St. which was sold by Addie M. Howarth to Grace B. Merrick in Feb.1913. Grace Merrick held the property until her death in Aug. 1948. During her ownership of the farm and homestead she sold off several parcel lots on Shawsheen Road and Lowell Streets. Her son Lothrop Merrick acquired the property in 1948 and sold this lot James J. & Louise M. Gordon in Dec. 1948. The deed states with buildings. Gordan held for three years selling to Loretta R. Cairns, wife of George R. Cairns, on June 19, 1951. Robert E. & Dorothy E. Lane of Greenwood, Middlesex Co., MA acquired the house in Dec. 1951. They sell to James M. & Beatrice M. Morin in September 1959. the Morins remain for 15 years selling to Raymond J. & Dorothy A. Murgia on Oct. 20, 1974. 2014 mark their 40th year as owners of this home.
Addie M. Howarth
Grace B. Merrill - Feb. 8, 1913 - b. 327 p. 581
Lathrop B. Merrick Adm. of Estate
James J. & Louise M. Gordon - Dec. 7, 1948 b. 718 p. 258
Loretta R. Cairns - June 19, 1951 b. 752 p. 9
Robert E. & Dorothy E. Lane - Dec. 14, 1951 - b. 758 p. 62
Raymond J. & Dorothy A. Murgia - Oct. 30, 1974 - b. 1251 p. 108
Northern Essex Registry of Deeds
West Parish Center National Historic Register District.
|Place||West Parish - West Andover|
|Historic District||West Parish Center NRH District|
|Source||Andover Bldg. Survey|
|Map and parcel||89-12|
|Recorded by||James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||1975-1977; updated 1/2014|