2 1/2 story house on 1.69 acres of land. Full width front porch (enclosed). Has 7 rooms, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath. Small shed
This property at 18 Chester St. was formerly numbered #32 in the 1940's. The Town did a renumbering plan in 1958 to accommodate future home lots. In the 1959 Street Directories reflect the new house numbers.
The 1888 map of Ballardvale Center is the first that shows the new road Chester St. and its extension with just two houses on the south side of the street. The first is marked J. W. Morrison and the second is A. C. Richardson.
John M. Morrison of Boston owned the property in 1888 when it was sold to Rebecca P. Perham, wife of John F. Perham on Feb. 9, 1888. The lot contained 21,923 sq. feet. Rebecca Perham took a $300. mortgage on Jan. 23, 1889. The Perham's owned for eleven years then sold to Thomas McGovern on Oct. 2, 1897 for $750.
1904 Patrick McGovern family
1950 Hadley family
2001 Mooney family
Essex County Registry Deeds, Salem, MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Andover Assessor's Office
Andover Maps, Ballardvale, 1888 & 1906
Andover Resident Directories
Map plan #2802 - July 1953 - Christine Forsythe - Sub-divide
John M. Morrison of Boston - 1888
Rebecca A. Perham, wife of John F. - Feb. 9, 1888 - b. 96 p. 278
Rebecca A. Perham, wife of John F. - Jan. 23, 1889 - b. 98 p. 284 mtg.
Thomas McGovern - Oct. 2, 1897 - b. 157 p. 192 - $730
Thomas McGovern estate, Patrick S> McGovern, Adm. - Feb. 8, 1915 - Probate
Martin J. McKeon - Mar. 30, 1915 - b. 351 p. 422 - $1075.
Martin J. McKeon estate, James W. McKeon - 1927 - Probate #151705
Leslie L. Elise M. Hadley - Oct. 25, 1927 - B. 536 p. 117 - $1166.67
Leslie L. Hadley estate, heir Elise M. Hadley
Arthur J. & Rita M. Mooney - Sept. 5, 1967 - b. 1090 p. 128
Arthur J. Mooney estate, heir Rita M. Mooney
Michael J. & Roxanne M. Mooney - July 30, 1997 - b. 4806 p. 146
Stephen L. Marshall - Oct. 20, 2000 - b. 5886 p. 175
Mark D. & Donna Perrine - Maclean - July 31, 2007 - b. 10860 p. 220
|Historic District||Ballardvale Local Historic District|
|Construction Date||1888 - 1889|
|Source||ECRDS, ENRDL, style-njs|
|Roof||asphalt - gable|
|Outbuildings / Secondary Structures||shed|
|Map and parcel||138-65|
|Recorded by||Ruth A. Sharpe (BallardvaleHistoric District) James Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Historical Society, Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||May 2001, 2/6/2017|