Greek Revival with pediment end to street
Side glass windows flank front entrance.
Themes: Architectural Community development.
The small lots were was purchased by John Tuck 2nd on August 3, 1872 lot one contained 8 3/4 sq. rods and lot two 6 Sq. rods. John Tuck b. 1811 was married to Hannah H. Bailey and is listed as a shoemaker, age 49, in the Federal census of 1860. His wife Hannah is 47 and son Moses W. is 23 also a shoemaker. John died on Feb. 2, 1880. The property was acquired by Moses Warren Tuck and his wife Mary F.
Moses Tuck was a veteran of the Civil War enlisted in the Army in Co. H 1st Mass. Heavy Artillery. He died in June 1907 was interred on June 14th in West Parish Cemetery. His widow Mary F. then purchased the property from her husbands estate for $2000. and sold six years later sold the property to Frederick W. Brundrett in April 1913. Brundrett owned the property until his death in 1944. Gertrude S. Brundrett administered Fredrick's estate and sold the home in Nov. 1944 to Edmund and Marjorie Hill.
The Hill family retained the property until 1997 after the death of Donald W. Hill. Palma T. Hill administered Donald's estate and sold to Contemporary Builders, Inc., of North Reading in Dec. 1997. Construction of a new addition to the rear of the house eastward was done for the current owners Robert Byers and Catherine Haskell, trustees of Byers-Haskell Family Investment Trust who purchased the property on Nov. 28, 2001.
Herman Phelps land
John Tuck 2nd & Hannah (Bailey) Tuck - Aug. 3, 1872 - b. 16 p. 240 two lots.
Moses Warren & Mary F. Tuck - after 1880
Mary F. Tuck - Dec. 11, 1907 - b. 256 p. 320
Frederick W. Brundrett - Apr. 9, 1913 - b. 328 p. 551
Frederick W. Brundrett estate d. 1944
Gertrude S. Brundrett admtrx. Nov. 8, 1944
Edmund & Marjorie Hill - Nov. 22, 1944 - b 669 p. 269
Donald W. Hill
Donald W. Hill estate Palma T. Hill Extrx.
Contemporary Builders, Inc. - Dec. 15, 1997 - b. 4937 p. 279
Robert Byers & Catherine Haskell Dec. 18, 1998 - b. 5282 p. 56
Byers-Haskell Family Invest. Trust - Nov. 28, 2001 b. 6524 pgs 122 and p. 134
Robert Byers & Catherine Haskell trustee, Feb. 20, 2002 b. 6675 p. 71
|Place||West Parish - West Andover|
|Historic District||West Parish Center NRH District|
|Historic Name||Tuck, John II House|
|Architectural Style||Greek Revival|
|Wall/Trim||vinyl clapboards & trim|
|Outbuildings / Secondary Structures||mordern garage|
|Major Alterations||garage built before 1966 new ell addition about 1999-2001|
|Acreage||less than one acre|
|Map and parcel||88-2|
|Recorded by||Stack/Mofford, James Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||1975-77, 03/04/2006, Dec 2013|