Mid 20th century, raised ranch, split level, popular design during the later 1950's and through the 1960s.
Present owner: Baldwin
Boston Road has had several names through the years including, Old County Rd (1915), Foster’s Pond Rd, Old Boston Road and then Boston Rd. by 1937. Deeds can be confusing at first and street directories misleading as we now have a County Rd and Foster’s Pond Rd adjoining Boston Rd. What appears as a move to another street is actually a street name change. Andover Valuation Schedule in 1920 adds to the issue by listing the road as Main St. This area is in the South District in the Valuation lists and within the Scotland School District from 1795-1902. Only one house is listed on the road in 1906 at #5. With development in this neighborhood came an influx of French Canadians who purchased lots on Boston Rd. It was sometimes referred to as “Frenchville” by locals.
This property once belonged to Miles Broadly and later Frederick Broadley. Frederick's daughter Doris A. Bacon inherited the estate and sold off this one acre lot to Ernest & Shirley L. Baldwin on arch 17, 1964. The property was transferred to their son Ernest Jr. and wife Tara H. Baldwin on Oct. 8, 2003. The Baldwin family are the original owners and continue in 2018.
Essex County Registry Deeds, Salem, MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Map plan #4957 - May 12, 1956, & Nov. 13, 1963
Doris A. (Broadley) Bacon - 1950s'
Ernest B. & Shirley L. Baldwin - Mar. 17, 1964 - b. 1005 p. 212
Ernest B. Jr. & Tara H. Baldwin - Oct. 8, 2003 - b. 8314 p. 268
|Historic District||Not Applicable|
|Historic Name||Ernest & Shirley Baldwin House|
|Source||ERDS, NERDL, style,|
|Map and parcel||82-1A|
|Recorded by||James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||01/30/2006, 5/14/2018|