Built about 1830, Greek Revival elements
Original owner - Timothy Bailey 2nd
Timothy Bailey 2nd was born on Oct. 18, 1786 son of Lt. Moses and Elizabeth (Moore) Bailey. The family homestead was at 72 Brundrett Ave. Timothy married on June 7, 1827 at West Parish Church to Sarah "Sally" Poor b. Apr. 9, 1794, daughter of Theodore & Sally (Dowling) Poor. They had two sons, Timothy Palmer b. May 25, 1828 and Moses Albert b. Mar. 5, 1835. Timothy, a farmer, continued to expand his farm and at the time of his death it totaled over 302 acres. The 1850 Andover Valuation lists Timothy Baliey 2d assessment: Dwelling house $700. barn $275, 130 acres adjoining Building $3250., 11 acre Lower wood lot $1100., 13 acre Young wood lot $695, 14 acre High Plain lot $450. and the Nathan Abbott Place - Dwelling house $200., barn $100, 83 acres adjoining buildings $1411, 18 acres Abbott pasture$270., 14 acre Pine Island $182., 20 acre Rea Lot - $200 for totals of 303 acres and $8803.
Timothy Bailey died on Jan. 8, 1875 at age 88y 2m 21d . His estate was later sold at public auction and son Timothy Palmer Bailey purchased it for $11,250. His mother Sally died on April 21, 1882 at age 88 years 12 days. Both are interred at West Parish Garden Cemetery.
Timothy Palmer Bailey built his home across the street at 210 Chandler Rd. Timothy P. married Mary Jane Morse b. 1825.. Timothy & Mary Jane had a daughter Anna Morse Bailey who married Hudson E. Wilcox.
Timothy sold to his brother Moses Albert Bailey, known as Albert, 1/2 share in their parent's home for $5000. on Apr. 19, 1886. The homestead lot consisted of 144 acres 104 rods, and the second lot of 22 acres adjoining the first. M. Albert Bailey died on Oct. 20, 1904 age 69y 7m 14d. His estate was administered by Clover J. Stone of Andover who probated the will on Mar. 1905 and sold off the farm at auction on April 29, 1905 for $4150 to Timothy Augustus Holt. Holt then transferred the deed to Mary Elizabeth (Holt) Bailey on May 3, 1905. Mary E. held the property until her death on Nov. 11, 1916. Louis A> Dane then held the property through Mary E. Bailey's estate and will. Louis and wife S. Annie then sold to Peter Hagopian & Peter Mararian on Oct. 28, 1920. The property then contained 154 acres with the house and barn.
Peter Hagopian, wife Julia & Peter Mararian, wife Helen, held the farm jointly for five years then transferred the deed to John Franklin with 87.4 acres in Nov. 1925. Franklin then placed the farm into Peter Hagopian's name with homestead and 66.8 acres of land. Peter and Julia held the deed jointly in Nov. 1944. After both Peter and Julia deaths the property was acquired by Vera Konjoian on Feb. 19, 1968. The farm continues with the Konjoian family in 2016.
Essex County Registry Deeds, Salem, MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Moses Dorman - Map of Andover 1830
Andover Valuation Schedule 1850
Map plan #405 - March 1917 - Louis A. Dane
Joseph Chandler - 1827 - 22 acres
Jonathan Abbot, Jr. - July 21, 1827 - b. 246 leaf 121 - 22 acres
Timothy Bailey 2nd - Nov.30, 1842 - b. 409 leaf 19 - Salem deeds
Timothy Bailey 2nd, estate, George Foster Admins. - May 6, 1878 - probate
Timothy Palmer Bailey - Aug. 3, 1878 - b. 52 p. 154 - by auction - 7 parcels
Moses Albert Bailey - Sept. 22, 1876 - b. 43 p. 76
Moses Albert Bailey - Apr. 19, 1886 - b. 85 p. 338 - from T. P. Bailey 1/2
Moses Albert Bailey estate, Clover J. Stone Adm. d. Oct. 19, 1904 Probate - Mar. 1905
Timothy Augustus Holt - Apr. 29, 1905 - b. 219 p. 256
Mary E. (Holt) Bailey - May 3, 1905 - b. 219 p. 258
Mary E. (Holt) Bailey estate, d. Nov. 11, 1916 - Probate will.
Louis A. Dane - Probate 1916
Peter Hagopian and Peter Maraizian - Oct. 28, 1920 - b. 434 p. 68 - 154.2 acres
John Franklin - Nov. 24, 1925 - b. 518 p. 40 - 87.4 acres
Peter Hagopian - Nov. 21, 1925 - b. 518 p. 278 - 66.8 acres
Peter & Julia Hagopian - Nov. 17, 1944 - b. 669 p. 295
Peter Hagopian estate, heir Julia Hagopian
Julia Hagopian estate, Mardiros Mardirosian, Extr. - Probate #290291
Vera Konjoian - Feb. 19, 1968 - b. 1102 p. 57
Michael & Vera Konjoian - Oct. 5, 1970 - b. 1160 p. 667
Michael Konjoian Irrevocable Trust, David Konjoian Trustee - Jan. 11, 1994 - b. 3956 p. 354
|Place||Abbott District - West Parish - West Andover|
|Historic District||Not Applicable|
|Historic Name||Bailey, 2nd Timothy House|
|Present Use||residence - garden center|
|Original Use||residence - farmhouse|
|Source||ECRDS, ENRDL, style-njs|
|Architectural Style||Greek Revival|
|Roof||asphalt - gable|
|Outbuildings / Secondary Structures||sheds and modern garage, greenhouses|
|Major Alterations||greenhouse (1966) Vinyl siding, replacement windows|
|Acreage||3.73 acres; approx. frontage 453'|
|Map and parcel||168-27A|
|Recorded by||Stack/Mofford, James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||1975-77, 1/29/2016|