Other features: slightly projecting central pavilion
With the condo conversion, vinyl siding covers original wood clapboard siding, corner boards and all window trim.
Note: attic arched gable window with original detailing. Italianate front porch and double door entrance.
Window above front door replacement and not original.
Themes: Architectural, Community development
Present owner 1975: Thresher, Seward & Lillian (7 Feb 1956)
This property was once part of the larger Henry F. Pasho estate that run from north of Summer St to Chestnut St. Henry Pasho sold the house lot to Charles W. Clark for $500. on April 13, 1880. The home was built for Clark who owned the property for 41 years until his death in 1921. The home was then purchased from the Clark estate by Annie B. Swanton on Dec. 2, 1921 for $5500. Annie Swanton owned for 33 years then selling to her son Stanley F. Swanton, wife Winifred on Feb. 8, 1954.
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Henry F. Pasho - 1880 - land
Charles W. Clark - April 13, 1880 - b.59 p. 200 - lot $500
Charles W. Clark estate, Arthur P. Chickering Adm. - Nov. 1, 1921 - Probate
Annie B. Swanton - Dec. 2, 1921 - b. 451 p. 461 - $5500
Stanley F. Swanton, wife Winifred M. - Feb. 8, 1954 - b. 787 p. 486
Seward E. & Lillian B. Thresher - Feb. 5, 1958 - b. 869 p. 142
Lillian B. Thresher estate, Seward E. Thresher - Nov. 26, 1976
David A. & Deborah J. Thresher - Nov. 23, 1977 - b. 1325 p. 796
Joan W. Gilliatt - June 1983 - b. 1687 p. 46
Joan W. Gilliatt - Jan. 10, 1988 - b. 2711 p. 30 - Condos master deed
Now Three Condominium Units
|Place||Andover Center District|
|Historic District||Not Applicable|
|Historic Name||Charles W. Clark House|
|Present Use||residence - 3 family condos|
|Construction Date||1880 - 1881|
|Source||ECRDS, ENRDL, style-njs|
|Roof||asphalt - gable|
|Major Alterations||Conversion from single family to three condominiums Vinyl siding|
|Acreage||less than one acre; lot size: 7.50 acres?; approx. frontage: 105'|
|Map and parcel||39-151|
|Recorded by||Stack/Mofford, James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||1975-1977, 5/20/2016|