The North side of main thoroughfare, near the sidewalk, one of the three similar houses in a row built by C. Lincoln Giles.
This property was once part of the Mansion House parcel lot. It was sub-divided in 1955 by C. Lincoln Giles of Methuen, MA, a local contractor, when he purchased the "Mansion House" and created five separate house lots and a right of way. The Mansion was lot A, the Mansion carriage house lot B and this property lot E on the plan. Lot E was originally numbered 412 Andover St. but in 1959 the Town of Andover renumber several sections of town to accommodate future construction of homes. This parcel then became #236.
The Cape style home with attached garage was built by C. Lincoln Giles and sold to Edwin T. & Edna M. Hall on October 10, 1955. This home would be owned by the Hall family for 40 years. Edwin Hall placed the deed into his daughter's Edna name on April 2, 1982, shortly before his wife Edna died. (Sept. 1982). Daughter Edna Hall died on Dec. 26, 1995 and her estate Executor Joseph DeFrancesco than sold the property to John "Jack" H. & Shelby T. Donovan on June 22, 1996. The Donovan family continue as owners of record in 2016.
Essex County Registry of Deeds - Salem, MA
Essex Northern Registry of Deeds, Lawrence, MA
National Register of Historic Places
Andover Historical Society files
Barbara Loomer, Andover Townsman Sep 1955
See Map #3070 July 11, 1955 - C.Lincoln Giles - lot A - Mansion house, lot B. carriage house
Lot E is #236 Andover St.
J. P. Bradlee estate, William H. Hodgkins Trustee - 1887
Ballard Vale Mills Coma Company - Feb. 6, 1905 - b. 218 p. 238
Marion Edith (Marsden) Dyson - Nov. 3, 1927 - b. 536 p. 404
Marion E. (Marsden) Dyson estate, Geo. R. Marston Admn. - Probate #243435
C. Lincoln Giles - Apr. 18, 1955 - b. 812 p. 473
Edwin T. & Edna M. Hall - Oct. 10, 1955 - b. 821 p. 366
Edna M. Hall - April 2, 1982 - b. 1570 p. 28
Edna M. Hall estate, Joseph DeFrancesco, Extr. - Edna died Dec. 26, 1995 - Probate
John H. & Shelby T Donovan - June 22, 1996 - b. 4535 p. 92
|Historic District||Ballardvale Local Historic District|
|Historic Name||Edwin & Edna Hall House|
|Source||ECRDS, ENRDL, style-njs|
|Roof||asphalt - gable|
|Outbuildings / Secondary Structures||attached garage and breezeway|
|Major Alterations||Bay window added|
|Acreage||0.422 acre, 18,370 sq. ft.|
|Map and parcel||117-5|
|Recorded by||Bernice Haggerty (Ballardvale Historic District Commission), James Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Historical Society|
|Date entered||Jan 1996, 11/29/2016|