This portion of the St. Augustine's Church parking lot next to the garage on Pearson St. was the site of the Joseph Davis house in the 1860s. The property was purchased by Alfred N. Davis of Worcester, MA on April 10, 1865. The Davis family held the property until 1893.
M. Ambrose & Katherine Hannon purchased the house on Sept. 1, 1893 and owned for 20 years.
St. Mary's Church Society of Lawrence then acquired the property on Jan. 23, 1913. It is not currently known at what time the house was razed for the parking lot for the parish. In May 9, 2008 the property was deeded to the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Boston.
|Historic District||Not Applicable|
|Historic Name||Joseph Davis property|
|Present Use||parking lot St. Augustine's Church|
|Construction Date||circa 1860|
|Map and parcel||55-77|
|Recorded by||James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||Jan. 9, 2015|