Mid- 20th century Ranch style home.
This property was once part of a larger parcel of land and was purchased by Ernest J. & Eva Beailieu and Edward J. & Delrina Beaulieu on October 14, 1913. The Beaulieus sold off a few parcels during their ownership. Allan Simpson purchased the parcel on April 4, 1917. The property was inherited by Mary A. Simpson and Dorothy Davis Simpson both widows. The Simpsons then sold to Florence White on April 11, 1919.
The land was later acquired by J. Leverett White and after his death went to Ruth E. White on May 1, 1945. She then sold to Elphege E. & Emma D. Lemay on May 1, 1945. Lemay had earlier acquired another 2.22 acre parcel from the Beaulieus on June 12, 1943.
Henry J. & Isabel M. Brouck purchased the property on Feb. 14, 1950. Brouck divided the property into three house lots in 1961 and sold this lot to Percy E. Beasley and Neal L. Mitton, both Andover residents and builders under the name of Beasly & Mitton. They built the home on the empty lot and sold the home to Christopher W. & Judith A. Hoyt on May 11, 1962. Hoyt most likely worked for The Proctor & Gamble Distributing Co. as he sells to them on Mar. 16, 1965. This was a common practice if the company transferred an employee to a new location, they would buy the house and then re-sell, to help facilitate the move for the family.
Daniel J. & M. Teresa Ferguson then purchased the home on Mar. 17, 1965. Daniel transferred the deed to Teresa on Nov. 2, 1973. Teresa then sold to Paul V. Vizzini on Feb. 26, 1974. Paul & wife Jean owned four years then selling to Gwendoline A. VerPlanck on June 1, 1978. The VerPlancks had lived on Bannister Rd. prior to this purchase.
Gwendoline A. VerPlanck later created a Life Tenancy for herself, placing the deed in her name and her children, Judith V. Elliot, Margaret L. Orbon, Wm. E. VerPlanck on Oct. 25, 2007.
Jeanmarie Feeney purchased the property on April 4, 2014 from the VerPlanck family.
Essex County Registry Deeds, Salem, MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Map plan - #1425 - May 1943
Map plan - #4280 - April 1961 - Henry J. Brouck
Map plan - #16357 - Oct. 29, 2010 - Nancy A. Bailey to Verda & Abraham
Ernest J. & Eva Beailieu, Edward J. & Delrina Beaulieu -
Allan Simpson - April 4, 1917 - b. 374 p. 464
Mary A. Simpson & Dorothy Davis Simpson -
Florence White - April 11, 1919 - b. 397 p. 598
J. Leverett White -
J. Leverett White estate, 1944
Davis Simpson & Ada Simpson Coogan - May 16, 1945 - b. 672 p. 129
Ruth E. White - May 16, 1945 - b. 672 p. 129
Elphege E. & Emma D. Lemay - May 1, 1945 - b. 672 p. 467
Elphege E. & Emma D. Lemay - June 12, 1943 - b. 658 p. 109 - 2.22 acres
Henry J. & Isabel M. (Mills) Brouck - Feb. 14, 1950 - b. 733 p. 261
Percy E. Beasley & Neal L. Mitton - July 7, 1961 - b. 939 p.485 - Lots 1 & 3
Percy E. Beasley - Apr. 26, 1962 - b. 957 p. 19
Christopher W. & Judith A. Hoyt - May 11, 1962 - b. 958 p. 50
The Proctor & Gamble Distributing Co. - Mar. 16, 1965 - b. 1029 p. 451
Daniel J. & M. Teresa Ferguson - Mar. 17, 1965 - b. 1030 p. 95
Teresa [Ferguson] MacDonald - Nov. 2, 1973 - b. 1231 p. 207
Paul V. Vizzini - Feb. 26, 1974 - b. 1236 p. 427
Paul V. & Jean E. Vizzini - Apr. 8, 1975 - b. 1258 p. 333
Gwendoline A. VerPlanck - June 1, 1978 - b. 1340 p. 68
Gwendoline A. VerPlanck, Judith V. Elliot, Margaret L. Orbon, Wm. E. VerPlanck - Oct. 25, 2007 - b. 11879 p. 262
Jeanmarie Feeney - Apr. 4, 2014 - b. 13816 p. 347
|Historic District||Ballardvale Local Historic District|
|Historic Name||Hoyt House|
|Construction Date||1961 - 1962|
|Source||ECRDS, ENRDL, style-njs|
|Architect/Builder||Beasley & Mitton/Builders|
|Roof||asphalt - gable|
|Map and parcel||117-13A|
|Recorded by||Bernice Haggerty (Ballardvale Historic District Commission), James Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Historical Society, Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||Feb 1996, 12/3/2016|