Designed by architect Guy Lowell in 1922-23 in the style of an urban Italian Renaissance palazzo with a playing field inside four walls. The building's construction features an open plan with a system of steel trusses. The Architects Collaborative was responsible for design alterations in 1960.
The Cage was demolished in 2019 to make way for athletic center.
|Historic District||Academy Hill NRH District|
|Historic Name||Case Memorial Cage|
|Present Use||indoor athletic facility|
|Original Use||indoor athletic facility|
|Major Alterations||1941-glass and steel ceiling replaced 1950-Smith hockey rink added 1958-roof on hockey rink added 1960-61-Ray Shepard Memorial Wing added on south|
|Setting||Bell Tower - Triangle area|
|Map and parcel||58-17T|
|Recorded by||Barbara Thibault, Karen Herman|
|Organization||Andover Historical Society, Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||1990s, 2018|