Center entrance new Colonial design sited at a diagonal to street.
12 rooms, 5 bedrooms
This property was once part of the large John H. Abbot estate at 56 Central St. The property was inherited by John Radford Abbot and brother George E. Abbot in 1947. The property was divided between the two. John sold this one acre lot to Don M. & John H. Larson on April 8, 1967 for $12,000. It has been stated that the house was designed by John Radford Abbot for the Larson's who then took a mortgage with Arlington Trust for $36,000. The house was painted a green gray when first built.
Larson owned for nine year selling to A.E. LaPage and Westmount Realties, Inc of Montreal, Canada on July 26, 1976. They held for just four months then selling to Thomas W. & Virginia B. Grogean in Nov. 1976. The Grageans painted the house red. They lived here for 14 years then selling to George Ploussios and Elizabeth Case in May 1991. The couple remained for eight years.
Peter W. and Deborah R. Smith purchased the house on August 12, 1999 and remained 11 years. The current owners in 2014 are Joshua & Sarah Bennett who purchased the property in May 2010.
See plan map #5626 May 25, 1966 - George E. Abbott estate.
National Register of Historic Places
Andover Townsman Sept. 9, 1976, credits J. Radford Abbot as architect
Essex County Registry Deeds, Salem, MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
See 56 Central St. George E. Abbot and John Radford Abbot - 1947
John Radford Abbot and Anglesea H. Abbot, trustees, of the will of George E. Abbott
Don M. & Joan H. Larson - Apr. 8, 1967 - b. 1080 p. 76
A.E. LaPage & Westmount Realties, Inc. Montreal, Cda. - July 26, 1976 b. 1287 p. 775
Thomas W. & Virginia B. Grogean - Nov. 4, 1976 - b. 1295 p. 429
George Ploussios & Elizabeth Case - May 1, 1991 - b. 3248 p. 119
George Ploussios & Elizabeth Case - Aug. 2, 1991 - b. 3295 p. 265
Ploussios & Case Realty Trust - July 1, 1994 - b. 4091 p. 314
Peter W. & Deborah R. Smith - Aug. 12, 1999 - b. 5523 p. 94
Joshua & Sarah Bennett - May 26, 2010 - b. 12047 p. 203
|Historic District||Central Street NRH District|
|Historic Name||Don & Joan Larson House|
|Architect/Builder||John Radford Abbot|
|Map and parcel||74-1A|
|Recorded by||James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||April 17, 2014|