Queen Anne style home, decorative fish scale shingles in front gable ad brackets, Doric columned porch, bay side window, and Jurgen head side dormers on second story.
Themes: Architectural, community development.
This property was once a 12 acre wooded parcel of land purchased by Aaron N. Luscomb on Nov. 17, 1865 from John L. Taylor. Wood lots were an important part of farming live as they provided fuel to heat their homes. The Luscomb family owned the lot for 26 years. Aaron Luscomb died on Aug. 16, 1883 age 68, and his wife Margaret G. (Grant) and his children, Margaret A., Sarah J., Mary, Aaron Edward were heirs to his estate. Son Aaron died on Feb. 26, 1886 at 45 and his two girls Alice and Annie then inherit his share of the property.
The Luscombs sold the property to Edmond Bicknell, wife Susan D. on Aug. 10, 1891. The lot went to several owners after: Charles H. Clossen on Aug. 15, 1891, Fred S. Howe on Mar. 9, 1895, Phillip Chase on Mar. 9, 1897 and then Emeric "Emory" Pariseau on Nov. 17, 1899 which included 11 acres 152 rods. There is no mention of a building in the deed.
It appears that Emeric Pariseau may have built the home in 1900 as the Andover Valuation Schedule of 1900 lists his house $300, and 12 acres of land $200. Emieric was b. 1870 married to Minnie Abbott b. 1869. They had a son Wilbert b. 1898. Pariseau then sells to Garabed Simoian, wife Dimon on July 21, 1902, with buildings
Rosina Tuso, husband Francisco then purchase the property on June 17, 1905 then sold to Cornelius J. Sullivan on May 2, 1906. Sullivan then sells the property to William M. Wood on May 15, 1906. Much of the 12 acre parcel would later be developed by Wood during construction of Shawsheen Village and Canterbury Street. Wood deed his property to his wife Ellen Ayer Wood prior to 1910 as the home is listed in 1910 Valuation under her name at 61 Lowell St. (Tuso) house.
The home was then rental property for employees of Wood or the American Woolen Company. William & Ellen Wood place a large amount of their personal property in the Arden Trust in 1921 for their three remaining children, Rosalind, William M. Jr. and Cornelius A. Wood. After the death of William M. Wood on Feb. 2, 1926 the Arden Trust was placed in the hands of the Phillips Corporation of Maine for liquidation of the assets on Mar. 31, 1926.
Catherine G. Welch, husband William H. purchase the house on May 15, 1926 and then sold to Helen B. Yunggebauer on Sept. 24, 1926. Helen & her husband Fred owned and operated the Andover Cash Market at 7 Elm Street. The Yunggebauers owned the property for 67 years. They retired to Maine but then rented the house. The deed was transferred to Century Associates, Fred Yunggebauer on June 16, 1989
The property was sold to Robert D. & Margaret Murgia on Dec. 23, 1993. The property continues with the Murgia family as 61 Lowell St. Trust, Robert D. Murgia Trustee on Mar. 15, 2000.
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Andover Valuation Schedules 1900, 1910, 1920
Aaron N. Luscomb - Nov. 17, 1865 - b. 729 leaf 220 - 12 acres - Salem deed
Aaron Luscomb estate, heirs; wife Margaret G., Margaret A., Sarah, Mary, Aaron E. (d. 8/16/1883)
Mary A. Luscomb - May 23, 1888 - b. 95 p. 289 quit claim -
Margaret G. Luscomb, Margaret A., Sarah, Mary, Alice, & Annie - May 23, 1888 - b. 95 p. 289
Edmond Bicknell, wife Susan D. - Aug. 10, 1891 - b. 114 p. 175
Charles H. Clossen, wife Emma - Aug. 15, 1891 - b. 115 p. 459
Fred S. Howe, wife Mary F. - Mar. 9, 1895 - b. 138 p. 422
Phillip Chase, wife Virginia - Mar. 9, 1897 - b. 153 p. 382 - 11 acres 152 rods.
Emeric "Emory" Pariseau - Nov. 17, 1899 - b. 174 p. 14 - land
Garabed Simoian, wife Dimon - July 21, 1902 - b. 196 p. 331 - with buildings
Rosina Tuso, husband Francisco - June 17, 1905 - b. 221 p. 576
Cornelius J. Sullivan - May 2, 1906 - b. 231 p. 385
William M. Wood - May 15, 1906 - b. 232 p. 230
Ellen Ayer Wood
Arden Trust, Cornelius A. Wood, Trustee - April 1921
Phillips Corporation of Maine - Mar. 31, 1926 - b. 520 p. 462
Catherine G. Welch, husband William H. - May 15, 1926 - b. 525 p. 370
Helen B. Yunggebauer - Sept. 24, 1926 - b. 526 p. 343
Fred Yunggebauer -Century Associates - June 16, 1989 - b. 2952 p. 86
Robert D. & Margaret Murgia - Dec. 23, 1993 - b. 3948 p. 173
Margaret Murgia estate, Robert D. heir - Feb. 21, 1994 - probate
61 Lowell St. Trust, Robert D. Murgia Tr. - Mar. 15, 2000 - b. 5700 p. 120
|Place||Shawsheen Village - Frye Village|
|Historic District||Shawsheen Village NRH District|
|Historic Name||Pariseau - Yunggebauer House|
|Source||ERDS, ENRDL, AHS file, njs, style|
|Architectural Style||Queen Anne|
|Foundation||stone & granite|
|Roof||asphalt - gable|
|Outbuildings / Secondary Structures||garage behind|
|Acreage||16,530 sq. ft. approximate frontage, 111' on Lowell -215' on Canterbury St.|
|Map and parcel||69-3|
|Recorded by||Stack/Mofford, James Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||1975-77, 02/21/2006, 5/25/2015|