Themes: Architectural, Community development
Historical significance: Brook Street opened 1830's "Way from Nathaniel Swift's to the factories". Also known as Factory St. Later named for Peter C. Brook, early paper manufacturer in Andover and financial backer of Marland Manufacturing Co.
The property was once owned by James Grosvenor who lived at 35 Essex Street. The property extended to Book Street. James Grosvenor and his wife Elizabeth acquired two additional parcels on Brook St from Joshua H. Ward on Aug. 28, 1841 and a lot from Mary J. Swift to Elizabeth Grosvenor on Oct. 1, 1868 which was a portion of the Dr. Nathaniel Swift homestead lot on Central St.
James Grosvenor built the two family home on Brook Street as income property. AT Oct. 7, 1904 – James Grosvenor is to build a two-tenement house on the Grosvenor estate on Brook Street. The carpenter work will be done by Hardy & Cole.
All his land holdings were placed in a Trust administered by Samuel P. Hulme on April 9, 1915. The Trust was for five years and gave Hulme the right to sell off properties in the trust. It appears that James Grosvener built the two family home as income property.
Hulme sold the property to Franklin H. Stacey, wife Ellen on May 6, 1915. Stacey owned Stacey's Pharmacy which he purchased from Arthur Bliss in 1909. The store was located in the National Bank Building on Main St. Stacey at that time. Stacey then bought out the Wm. A. Allen Drug Store in the Musgrove Building in May 1913 and moved his business to that location. This property was owned for 13 years then selling to Alfred Bradbury on Jan. 20, 1928. Alfred died in 1932 and his heirs; John F. Bradbury, Henry L. Bradbury, Ellen A. Stacey were the Executors . Alfred C. Stacey & Ellen A. Stacey then held the property on Oct. 21, 1933. Ellen A. Stacey died on July 23, 1946 and the property went to Alfred C. Stacey of Nashua, NH.
Peter F. & Murial A Fisher purchase the property on Sept. 13, 1947 and owned for eight years, then selling to Raymond E. & Ann V. Wilkins on June 24, 1955. Wilkins held for six years then sold to Corrandina Calcina, wife Angelina M. on May 29, 1961.
Essex County Registry Deeds, Salem MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
See Map #398 - James Grosvenor land 1915
Jacob Chickering to James Grosvenor - May 9, 1840 - b. 319 leaf 258 - 35 Essex St
Joshua H. Ward to James Grosvenor - Aug. 28, 1841 - b. 493 p. 53 - lot on Brook St
Mary J. Swift to Elizabeth Grosvenor - Oct. 1, 1868 - b. 762 p. 17
Samuel P. Hulme Trustee of James Grosvenor - Apr. 9, 1915 - b. 351 p. 210
Franklin H. Stacey, wife Ellen - May 6, 1915 - b. 353 p. 550
Alfred Bradbury - Jan. 20, 1928 - b. 537 p. 423 and 424 - two parcels
Alfred Bradbury, estate, Dec. 13, 1932 - Probate
Bradbury Executors; John F. Bradbury, Henry L. Bradbury, Ellen A. Stacey
Alfred C. Stacey & Ellen A. Stacey - Oct. 21, 1933 - b. 579 p. 571
Ellen A. Stacey estate, Alfred C. Stacey heir - July 23, 1946 -
Peter F. & Murial A Fisher - Sept. 13, 1947 - b. 702 p. 365
Raymond E. & Ann V. Wilkins - June 24, 1955 - b. 815 p. 311
Corrandina Calcina, wife Angelina M. - May 29, 1961 - b. 939 p. 373
Corrandina [aka Collandina] Calcina estate, Angelina M. heir - Probate #353,868
Angelina M Calcina estate, Heir Concettina M. Malandrino - Probate #355,593
Concettina M. Malandrino - b. 939 p. 373
Salvatore & Concettina M. Malandrino - July 8, 1982 - b. 1589 p. 214
Concettina M. Malandrino estate - died Dec. 9, 1990
Salvatore Malandrino estate - died Apr. 1, 2014
Michael Malandrino and Corine E. Martin - Mar. 2, 1988 - b. 2687 p. 103
Michael Malandrino life estate - May 19, 2014 - b. 13859 p. 283
C. E. Martin Realty Trust, Corine Enza Martin Trustee - May 20, 2014 - b. 13866 p. 61
|Place||Andover Center District|
|Historic District||Not Applicable|
|Present Use||residence - two family|
|Original Use||residence - two family AWCo. housing|
|Construction Date||1904 - 1905|
|Source||ECRDS, ENRDL, style-njs|
|Roof||asphalt - gable|
|Map and parcel||55-45|
|Recorded by||Stack/Mofford, James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||1975-1977, 3/1/2016|