Colonial Revival, quoins on corner boards, dental work on eaves.
This home was built as part of the Shawsheen Village development 1918 – 1924 by William M. Wood, President of the American Woolen Company Wood hired about eight different architects to design the homes and structures for the village. Homes were sold or rented through the Homestead Association who had offices in the Post Office building on the corner of North Main & Poor Streets.
This house was built in 1919 on the lot directly behind the Post Office building at 350 North Main St. Four homes occupied the parcel along North Main to Windsor St. When the master plan of Shawsheen was altered to accommodate the Aberdeen - Merchants Building the homes were moved to the new Kenilworth extension on the east side of North Main Street. The houses were moved in 1923 and included 385 North Main, 11, 9, and 5 Kenilworth Street.
After the death of William M. Wood in Feb. 1926 most of the residential and commercial buildings were then sold. Some were held by the Wood family in the "Arden Trust" and others with the American Woolen Company, which had been deeded the property in December 1920. The AWCo Board of Directors authorized its President Lionel J. Noah to deliver all deeds, as deemed necessary to the Textile Realty for sale on Dec. 29, 1931.
The Textile Realty then transferred ownership of some of the properties to the Andover Shawsheen Realty Company on June 30, 1932. T. Edwin Andrew, treasurer, was authorized to sell or rent the properties. With the Great Depression sales were sluggish and many homes were rented until the economy rebounded.
This house was occupied at #350 North Main Street in 1920 Census by Robert Fursh age 30, b. Switzerland, immigrated in 1914, Wool Buyer - Wool Mill, wife Helen 30 b. Germany, son Robert b. 22 months.
Essex County Registry Deeds, Salem, MA
Essex Northern Registry Deeds, Lawrence, MA
Andover Maps, 1852, 1872, 1888, 1906, 1926
Andover Street Directories
Ephraim Everson parcel 1 & Solomon Flagg parcel 2
William C. Donald - March 3, 1855 - b. 567 leaf 246 - parcel 1 Salem deed
William C. Donald - Jan. 15, 1861 - b. 623 leaf 128 - parcel 2 Salem deed
William C Donald estate, Gordon Donald, TR - 9.86 acres
Henry P. Binney - Apr. 24, 1919 - b. 398 p. 52 - 9.86 acres
American Woolen Company - Dec. 30, 1920 - b. 435 p. 215
Textile Realty Company - Dec. 30, 1931 - b. 563 p. 351
Andover Shawsheen Realty Co. - June 30, 1932 - b. 565 p. 87
Raymond E. & Ruth K. Wilkinson - June 21, 1945 - b. 664 p. 364
Harold & Rita K. Haller - Mar. 16, 1946 - b. 682 p. 109
Raymond C. & Mary R. Pucci - Jan. 5, 1960 - b. 908 p. 242
William F. & Diana M. Fitzgerald - July 6, 1998 - b. 5108 p. 118
Paul Buonapane - Nov. 20, 2002 - b. 7282 p. 150
Michael Buonapane - May 13, 2004 - b. 8784 p. 45
Paul T. Bonapane Jr. - Oct. 27, 2006 - b. 10447 p. 214
|Place||Shawsheen Village - Frye Village|
|Historic District||Shawsheen Village NRH District|
|Architectural Style||Colonial Revival|
|Roof||asphalt - hip|
|Major Alterations||Moved from North Main 1923|
|Map and parcel||52-35|
|Recorded by||Alecia Paget, James S. Batchelder|
|Organization||Andover Historical Society - Andover Preservation Commission|
|Date entered||7/22/1993, June 12, 2015|